Saturday, November 12, 2011

I'm motivated right now...

So last night I stayed up till 5 working on a bodice mockup for the Housebook dress.  I gotta say, good God, how do people fit themselves for anything?!  I've got some sore muscles from straining to pin my shoulder seams and to mark the cutting lines on my back.  But I've got the first mock up done.  I need to draft the initial pattern and do a secondary mock up.

In order to give myself a little break from the fitting of pain and torture, I'm working on my hemd today.  I've got a nice simple cutting layout figured out, and we'll see how it turns out, but I think it will work out just fine.  And because all the best bloggers include photos in their posts, here's a wonderful image of a woman in her underwear!

After making my hemd,  and doing a second round of fitting the bodice, the next step is to dye the wool I was gifted.  I think it will be time to visit the Eugene Textile Center.  As long as they provide all the equipment, it should be cheaper and easier than trying to dye at home on my stove.

Less than three weeks to finish this dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment